St. Bernardus Mixed Selection contains 6 bottles of St. Bernardus Abbey Ales: one 11.2 oz bottle each of Pater 6, Prior 8, Abt 12, Tripel, Watou Tripel, and Wit. ABVs from 5.5% to 10%; Ratebeer.com ratings from 91 to 100 (out of 100).
1. St. Bernardus Pater 6 is an abbey style dubbel that pours dark brown with a small off-white head.
Top fermented and bottle conditioned, the brew boasts aromas of caramel, malt, cherries, bread, and clove. Taste follows the nose and also includes plum and fig with malt and spice balanced by notes of brown sugar and darker fruits.
The mouthfeel is medium bodied and smooth with an active carbonation and a 6.7% ABV. The finish is long, dry and slightly bitter.
2. St. Bernardus Prior 8 is an abbey style dubbel that pours a dark brown color with red highlights and a frothy beige head.
Top fermented and bottle conditioned, the brew boasts aromas of dried fruit, malt, cherry, caramel and bread. Taste follows the nose and also includes dark candy sugar, citrus, apricot and banana with notes of coffee, yeast and anise.
The mouthfeel is medium bodied and smooth with an active carbonation and a warming 8.0% ABV. The finish is long and dry, touched with fruit and a slight hop bitterness. Rated 99/100
3. St. Bernardus Abt 12 is an award winning quadrupel that pours a hazy brown with a frothy beige head and expressive carbonation.
Top fermented, bottle conditioned and matured for three months, the brew boasts aromas of dried fruits, plums and raisins, coffee, cherry, bread and caramel. Taste follows the nose and includes candy sugar sweetness balanced by spice, coriander, a big hit of malt, fruit, and the warming power of 10.0% ABV.
The mouthfeel is soft, smooth and medium bodied. The finish is dry, warm and slightly bitter. Rated 100/100
4. St. Bernardus Tripel is an abbey style tripel that pours a golden color with a small white head and expressive carbonation.
Top fermented and bottle conditioned, the brew boasts aromas of citrus, clove, yeast and bread, candy sugar, banana and peach. Taste follows the nose and opens sweet with notes of mango, orange and lemon-zest followed by fruit and balancing notes of spice and hop bitterness.
The mouthfeel is light to medium bodied with an 8.0% ABV present but not overpowering; the finish is long, slightly bitter, warming and dry. Rated 98/100
5. St. Bernardus Watou Tripel is a traditional abbey ale brewed in the classic "Triple" style of Belgium's Trappist Monks. First brewed in 1998 for the French market, it was so well received that it earned a place in the regular portfolio. This golden pale ale is mellow-sweet with lightly perfumed aromas and some spicy yeast notes. Rich and fruity with a soft mouth feel. (7.0% ABV) Rated 93/100
6. St. Bernardus Wit is a traditional Belgian bottle-conditioned white ale developed and brewed in collaboration with the legendary master brewer Pierre Celis.
It appears a very pale, hazy straw yellow, with a dense, white head. Aroma is wheaty, with apple-like tartness; herbal-spicy notes of coriander, white pepper and orange peel are complemented by a light, honey-like sweetness.
Refreshing, tart, and crisp; light-bodied and easy to drink --just what a Belgian Witbier should be! ABV 5.5%. Ratebeer.com rating: 91 (out of 100).
ZYN delivers within the City of Calgary for a flat fee. For deliveries outside Calgary, additional charges will apply at the point of checkout.
ZYN uses, whenever possible, couriers with temperature-controlled vehicles. The shipping charges include proper packaging to ensure safe delivery of your order. This includes heavy duty boxes, industrial packing peanuts, and other protective material and/or Styrofoam shippers.
All orders are shipped via courier and require complete mailing address and telephone number for daytime delivery. Orders cannot be shipped to a post office box.
Please allow 1 to 5 days for delivery within Calgary and 3 to 12 days outside of Calgary.
All products are subject to availability. If a product is not available, you will be notified and a substitution will be offered or you will be credited back for the product(s).Vintage Information
In certain cases, ZYN is unable to guarantee vintages due to the Alberta Government distribution system. ZYN will do its best to ensure that the vintages on its website are updated and accurate. If ZYN cannot fulfill your order with the requested vintage, you will be contacted and you may choose to either accept the available vintage or cancel the product.Order Cancellation
Orders can be cancelled via email within 2 hours of the order being placed without charge. A restocking fee may apply if the order is cancelled after 2 hours of it being placed.Returns
ZYN will accept returns. If the item(s) is in saleable condition, it will be fully refunded. If the item has been shipped outside Calgary, the shipping charges are the responsibility of the purchaser. Faulty items will be evaluated on an individual basis before a decision is made.