In certain cases, ZYN is unable to guarantee vintages due to the Alberta Government distribution system. ZYN will do its best to ensure that the vintages on its website are updated and accurate. If ZYN cannot fulfill your order with the requested vintage, you will be contacted and you may choose to either accept the available vintage or cancel the product.
ZYN's goal is to ensure that all of our customers are satisfied with their orders. Should you need to return an item for any reason, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following criteria apply in most cases:
1. If the item(s) is in saleable condition, the purchase price will be refunded. If the item has been shipped outside Calgary, the shipping charges are the responsibility of the purchaser.
2. Faulty items will be evaluated on an individual basis before a decision is made.
3. There is an inherent risk in buying older wines. While we store all of our wines properly, wines may nevertheless be defective. We regret that we cannot accept wines more than seven years old and cost in excess of $100 unless the producer agrees to replace the wine.
All deliveries within Calgary will be fulfilled and delivered by ZYN with some exceptions.
1. For any deliveries outside of Calgary, we will use a courier. It is preferred that you use a business address for shipping, but we can ship to most residential addresses and some rural addresses. Due to some courier restrictions, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
2. ZYN does not itself ship outside of Alberta. If you request delivery outside of Alberta, you authorize us to engage a shipper on your behalf to pick up your order from our store and deliver it as you instructed. You are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable laws of the place where you have directed the courier to deliver your order.
3. We primarily use a specialized courier that uses temperature-controlled vehicles. Shipping during the winter and summer months is inherently risky. Please be aware that ZYN will delay shipping if we feel that there is a chance your package may be affected by extreme weather conditions.
You will find general information about ZYN’s online store operations. We are available during hours of operation to answer any further questions you may have at email@example.com us at 403.543.8900
You must be of legal age in your area or older to purchase products on this website. By submitting an order, you represent that you are of legal drinking age or older and you are not purchasing products for anyone who is younger than the minimum legal drinking age. When you or your designated person picks up and/or signs for the products ordered, you will be required to present proof that you are of legal drinking age or older.
Create An Account
You don't need an account to shop at ZYN.ca; however, there are several advantages to creating one:
The checkout process is fast and easy.View the status of your order and view your order history.Review and print invoices.Access to your personalized wish list.Update your email preferences.Manage your addresses.
Canceling and Editing Orders
Once an order has been placed, the purchaser cannot cancel or change it. If you make a mistake, or change your mind about it, please contact us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (403) 543-8900.
Your credit card will be charged once you place the order. If your order needs to be adjusted, we will contact you by phone or email before making any changes. Depending on some financial institutions, refunds could take up to 10 days to show up on your statement. ZYN accepts all major credit cards. Debit cards and PayPal are not taken at this time.
Product Availability, Information Accuracy and Prices
ZYN makes every effort to have the items displayed on ZYN.ca available and ready to go. Unfortunately, this is not always possible, and occasionally, items may become unavailable without notice. Our customer service representatives will communicate with you and adjustments to your order will be made. Attempts to maintain accurate information, photos and ratings are constantly ongoing. Photos are for display purposes only and may have an out-of-date vintage, bottle shape or label. Prices listed on this website are in Canadian Dollars and may change without notice. The Beverage Container Recycling Program was implemented in Alberta in December, 1997. ZYN must charge a bottle deposit fee on all recyclable bottles and cans sold through our website.
ZYN The Wine Market Ltd. and ZYN.ca only sell alcoholic beverages in Alberta. By purchasing on this website, the purchaser agrees to enter into a contract performed in and governed by the Laws of Alberta and further agrees that title to the items purchased passes to the buyer in Alberta. The purchaser is solely responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable law in the place where the purchaser has directed the courier to deliver the purchaser’s orders.
Shafer Vineyards in Napa Valley, California, is an iconic family-owned winery, named one of the top 25 vineyards in the world by wine publication Wine & Spirits and “one of the world’s greatest wineries” by wine critic Robert M. Parker, Jr. Since 1978 the Shafer family has produced wine in the Stags Leap District, one of the most highly-regarded winegrowing regions within Napa Valley. Shafer’s wines, including its signature wine, Hillside Select, are found in collectors’ cellars and on wine lists in top hotels and restaurants throughout the world. The small winery is managed by Doug Shafer, son of winery founders John and Bett Shafer. Elias Fernandez is the winemaker. The winery team cultivates more than 200 acres of Shafer owned vineyards, sources for the winery's celebrated Red Shoulder Ranch Chardonnay, TD-9, One Point Five, Relentless and Hillside Select.
93 Points - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon One Point Five is a blend of 83% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12% Merlot, 3% Malbec and 2% Petit Verdot. Deep garnet-purple in colour, it delivers bright, vibrant notes of cassis, cedar, Marmite toast and black raspberries with hints of bay leaves and tilled earth in the background. The palate is full-bodied, rich and plush, featuring a lively backbone and a long finish that displays wonderful purity and precision.