Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate
Photos are for display purposes only and may have an out-of-date vintage, bottle shape or label.
In Stock Online (*)
*This item is available for ordering online, however, it may not currently be available in the Retail Stores.

Fleur De Miraval Rose Champagne ER2 (Second Release)

Product description

Tucked away in its own private valley in the ancient village of Correns. The magnificent Chateau is set in a cirque surrounded by ancient woods, olive trees, vi­neyards and abundant water supply. Lush wildlife combines with the beautiful Provencal climate and quality Mediterranean lifestyle to reveal an enchanting oasis. Miraval's exclusive valley location embodies an exceptional terroir. ER2 is characterized by the intensity that is the signature of the Grand Crus of the Côte des Blancs and by the complexity of its perpetual reserve. This second edition made up of 75% of Chardonnays of different ages, benefits from the richness of the 2012 vintage and the perfect balance of the 2014 vintage that occupies a prominent place in the heart of an intensified perpetual reserve. The remaining 25% of young Pinot Noirs from the terroir of Vertus energize the delicate mineral, saline, and iodized expression of the Chardonnay and heighten the wine’s aromatic expression.   

Brad Pitt says... With the ER2, we pushed the limits even further.  

93 Points - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

Aromas of blood orange, cherries, toasted bread and grapefruit preface the NV Exclusivement Rosé 2, a medium to full-bodied, vinous and incisive wine that's rich and muscular, with incisive acids and a long, chalky finish. Based on the challenging 2017 vintage, it's a very fine success.

92 Points - Decanter

Pale pink-red in colour. Very restrained autolysis aromas with firm, structural, mineral notes. On the palate, it has a tight mineral structure, dark, black cherry fruit and some almond notes. Initially tasting very young and unyielding, but with time in the glass opens up to reveal beautifully open fruit and charming richness. Dare I suggest it, maybe a Champagne not to be served straight from the ice bucket, but even consider decanting to get the full fruit. 2017 was a good vintage for the vintage Chardonnay component.