Photos are for display purposes only and may have an out-of-date vintage, bottle shape or label.
In Stock Online (*)
*This item is available for ordering online, however, it may not currently be available in the Retail Stores.

Montes Sparkling Angel Brut (NV)

Product description

From the quality Chilean producer, Montes comes the Sparkling Angel Brut. This traditional method of sparkling wine is produced using grapes from Chile's cool coastal region of Zapallar. Montes was established in 1988 by Aurelio Montes, Douglas Murray, Alfredo Vidaurre and Pedro Grand. They have continued to create consistently good wines because they are meticulous throughout production.

75% of the fruit that Montes use comes from their vineyards, and the other 25% is produced in vineyards they have planted, cultivated and picked. In other words, they control everything except the ownership of the land. The base wine for the Brut was made with whole cluster pressing, clarification and cold fermentation at 10-12C. No oak or malolactic fermentation took place. Montes Brut was created using the traditional method and spent 36 months aging on lees.

Bright straw-yellow in colour with a slightly golden tone, it has generous aromas of white flowers, fresh fruits, breadcrumbs and light toast, with notes of dried fruit, hazelnut and walnut. The palate is well-balanced with good acidity and fine, crisp foam. It follows with creamy, silky notes and a fresh, fruity, persistent finish. An ideal match with razorback clams, parmesan cheese, Chilean sea bass or salmon ceviche.