Great selection of wine and spirits. Staff are friendly, knowledgeable and always willing to help find anything you're looking for.
Let us show you what we have prepared exclusively for you ...
- This exclusive promotion is for Alberta residents only.
- There is a limit of 2 six-packs per American Express cardholder.
- Payment must be made with an American Express card.
- Supply is limited.
- After two failed delivery attempts, a $15 charge will be applied for an additional delivery attempt. A redirect of the package to a new address will result in a total of $35 charge.
Bin 23’s name is derived from the place the wine matures, ‘Cellar 23’ at Magill Estate and follows in the footsteps of the success and development of the Penfolds Cellar Reserve Pinot Noir.
Bin 23 Pinot Noir is a bold and dynamic inclusion to the Penfolds red wine stable – reflecting an evolving style, regional definition and the complexities of the many and varied pinot noir clones. The relationship between Penfolds and cool-climate regions continues with the multi-regional sourcing of Bin 23 Pinot Noir.
The 2019 vintage was strong on quality across all three cool-climate regions.
The Tamar Valley in Tasmania experienced average rainfall over the growing season, with spring temperatures close to the long-term average. Summer was warm, with a maximum of 34.5°C recorded on January 25th.
The Adelaide Hills was challenged by low winter rainfall yet nevertheless produced grapes with very strong flavour profiles. Summer was generally hot across Australia, with two heatwaves in January mitigated by cooler spells in-between. Adelaide Hills vines were well placed to see off the summer heat spikes with few issues.
In Henty, careful canopy management and targeted irrigation shielded the grapes during the hot spells. Warm, settled and dry conditions prevailed during harvest allowing for excellent varietal flavour development and an orderly vintage.
- Immediately an assertion of strawberry cream/framboise ‘varietal correctness’!
- An enchanting and transcendent fraises des bois subtle herbaceousness arouses further interest and endearment.
- Exotic berried-yoghurt and strawberry-yoghurt cake flavours offer immediate enticement.
- A roundness and polish is evident, possibly due to time in barrique on lees? Yet there remains a tension, elasticity to contradict and complex!
Maturation & Analysis
- Eight months in French oak barriques (31% new)
- Alc/Vol: 13.5%, Acidity: 5.8 g/L, pH: 3.56
- Adelaide Hills, South Australia
- Tamar Valley, Tasmania
- Henty, Victoria
- Tyson Stelzer: 94 PTS
- Ken Gargett: 94 PTS
Our Customers Speak for Us
Excellent selection, fair prices, well packaged and "lightning" fast shipping!
Great online deals for beer and wine. Pick up within a day or so. Great selection, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Highly recommended.